Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mindless Optimism....

....led me out to Wicklow today with John. Had intended to try some of the stuff I spied up on Camaderry a while ago, but everything was mingin. And what wasn't mingin was mankin. The mank would have been sortable with a brush, a rope and a harness. But me being the reliably unreliable sort, I had none of the above. Ah well, the rocks not going anywhere, and I doubt anyone else would be arsed heading up there to clean and do the thing so I'm happy (unless Diarmuid reads this, though he's a dirty student now). Went down and had a Fail on Kev's slab after, while John did 3 variations on a theme before finally ballsing up and doing it :-P I got a blood blister right on the tip of my index finger. Slightly sore and very ridiculous looking. Arse.

We headed down to Glendo after to meet Kev and have a bit of a play on Leftism. Conditions were good despite the spitting rain. The lads were looking strong on it and I even (almost) managed a couple of moves, so a good session all round. Speaking of "round", I really need to get back into training to shift the Canada pudge after pigging out at a conference in Vancouver last week. While the sphere might be the most perfect of geometric shapes, it is not my goal to attain it......bring on the broccoli!

Mankin slab on Camaderry. Looks like fun though.

 St. Kevin's Slab. Failure imminent. Some day....

Slabbing it up on Big Jim.
 
Leftism toehook madness

Kev looking strong on the crossover

Ninja stylee

Have a job interview on thursday, so no climbing til at least the weekend.

Peace out

p.s will splurge on here about Morocco at xmas at some point. Was waiting to get the pics, but Eva's laptop and camera were nicked in spain (dirty mullets) so we have nothing but memories. Pity I can't remember what I had for breakfast. Sigh.....

1 comment:

ciaran said...

Dude use your finger nails on a crystal for that last move on St. Kevin's Slab, it feels like you ahve a crimp for just long enough for you to get your foot up and ... worked a treat for me :)