Saturday, October 17, 2009

The beast has ARRIVED

After literally three hours ceaseless labour, behold.....


And from the side......


Mid construction...

(I'm sure the college authorities would love to see the use their property is being put to :-)

The aftermath.......

So finally the fingerboard mounting saga has come to an end. Now the easy part begins.....Getting psyched to train on it!

(not exactly the typical IYM look of Syke I'll admit, but sitting on the ground for three hours sawing bits of wood can do funny things to the mind!)

Verdict: Badass

This board is truly the dog's nether regions. I can hang the deep 4 finger slot, deep 3 finger slot and the 20deg sloper one-armed. The 35deg slopers are things of beauty, and I can't even touch the 45's.....fookin desperate! The edges and the big pockets are fine (back 2 feel a bit strain-y though, best ease into those bad boys) and I can just about hang the shallow pockets and both sets of monos. The slopey pockets are taking the piss though! I mean seriously, what the fuck?!? I heard Keith Bradbury transfered from the slopey pockets to the 45's. WAD. Thats now my ultimate aim on this board. This is so cool, finally something climbing-specific to get my teeth into. I reckon with this, the gym, the running, the cycling and the skipping I might actually get properly fit for the first time since I used to swim competitively about 8 or 9 years ago. PSYCH!!

Looks like I'm going to get the train to Belfast in the morning for a wall sesh (unless Ciaran comes through that is, he is officially the busiest dude I have ever met!). Also looks like I'm going to be able to make it to the DCU IBL (so yes Ailish I can go dancing for your birthday. Only cos its your birthday mind you! :-P ). Until then I shall be punishing my tendons to, what I hope will be, just short of destruction.

Peace Out tendon rapers everywhere

p.s. Got this today, which was almost as exciting as opening the box of the beastfaker......Is it just me, or does the "And" look a bit like "Anal"? Answers on a postcard.

No comments: