Now I'm not the kind of person to espouse the virtues of the granola brigade, "Positive Mental Attitude", tree hugging, happy hippy, spurious bollocks approach to life. I own a single piece of prana clothing and its a wifebeater....no, not a tank top or sleeveless t-shit, its a bloody wifebeater! (Disclaimer: If you're concerned by repeated use of the term "wifebeater", you need not worry. I don't have a wife) Anyone whos ever been driven anywhere by me will attest to the fact that I'm a grumpy, miserable, dour git. To this they will swear blind (as, in fact,do I). Basically I'm not one of those people whos a throbbing ball of irrepressibly positive motivational SYKE (e.g. Joe Kinder). OK, I'm pretty psyched most of the time, but that can't really be helped. Whats the point of all this? Point is that despite my inherently gittish nature, and overwhelming desire to literally BE Stevie Haston (crippling elbow tendonitis and all)....... I think I...... what I want to say is.........what I'm trying to say is.......... well what I mean to say is.......... ah screw it, c'mere and kiss me!.......*ahem* .........Sorry about that, got a little carried away. But yeah, I'm feeling positive.
Good board session. Lap of easy warm-up problems, tried some hard moves, then properly tried hard on the stamina traverse. Good dinner. Bolognese with lashings of cheese. Nommage. Good cuppa in my hand right now. Earl grey with a little bit of milk and no sugar, bliss! (if you put sugar in Earl Grey you're right down there with clampers, insurance salesmen, and those weird toilet guys who don't let you leave the jacks of fancy pubs without paying 2 quid for a splash of shit aftershave. I hope you're ashamed of yourselves). Now I'm off for a good night's sleep, to hopefully do something similar on the morrow.
Of course everything isn't perfect. It never is. But the iterative process of achieving perfection will take a massive leap forward in about a month....
Days to cheeseburger land: 31
Peace Out
p.s the Bell-Monster done a climb. It looks quite comprehensively not shit. Good effort!
Mental Crack, Grade: E-Nails, Photo: Craig Hiller

2 comments:
if you put milk in earl grey you're even lower than those mentioned above!
Sorry Dec, I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Douglas Adams (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A61345) and Professor Elemental (http://youtu.be/eELH0ivexKA)on this one. A splash of milk, while maybe pushing the boundaries, falls within the realms of acceptability. Sugar is too far beyond the pale. Ruins the delicate citrus flavourings of the Bergamot extract....
Post a Comment