Friday, September 18, 2009

Synopsis

Been a busy little boy over the last wee while. I'll try to not be too wordy, otherwise this'll take all day!

End of Aug: Bought some runners, did some running, and enjoyed it! John and I took up the challenge laid down by the Flanagan (i.e bothered our arses to go up there! :-) ). John did that arete problem on the Fraughan rock thingy then it rained and we tramped up to a lake and some big bouldery things (all about the detail, me!). A lot of cool stuff. I'll be back sometime. Then the day after we did that we were in Pembroke with Jane and Jono. Weather was good apart from the rain Did some cool routes and I went for a very nice walk while others cowered in the mighty corsa :-). Got two good days climbing and came back barefoot a day early cos o' de water fallin' out de sky....

Sept so Far: Went for a run then went to spain. Then went for a run in spain. Rodellar was cool, apart from the polish and the lots of people everywhere. I'm really not a sport climber, but enjoyed it regardless. Ali Babas cave was tray cool though, and I'm looking forward to bringing my newfound roof climbing skills to some blank slabs (editor: I have no idea what this idiot is blithering about). John and Steve both did 7b's so effort where its due (John's was a flash, extra waddage). Got back and tried to go to the pub but everyone was in York so I went to Coleraine for a year. Had a good Wednesday at Fair Head by myself (after convincing the parents I wasn't going to die). Discovered its not my endurance is the problem, its my head. Made first contact with the species that is the northern climber and I remain hopeful that further negotiations will prove fruitful. Will try to clamber on something tomorrow. Stay hopeful.

Oeace Put

p.s. say beercan and think like a jamaican and what do you get?

1 comment:

markvader said...

I always knew Coleraine did strange to the head.