Weather has, for one of the surprisingly few times this summer, scuppered/shifted focus for the weekends activities. The Head is out. Thought about going to pembroke instead, but that was just grasping at straws! Wall tomorrow, then outside on Saturday and Sunday if theres anywhere dry enough. Ever the optimist.....
Had a good session up forth mountain today. Did intervals on a 20 - 25 move loop traverse. Did one full set of 12, then had to give up a few reps into the second set as t'was a bit painful on the skin. Got a fierce pump going, so hopefully a few repeat performances will show some improvements in the 'oul stamina! Though the fact that I managed to get through 12 circuits leaves me thinking i need to reduce the rest between them. Jogged back from the crag (5 minutes) and was well breathless with a stitch in my side at the end. But felt surprisingly great afterwards! Think i might pick up some running shoes tomorrow. Try to up the fitness a wee bit. Something to do on the off days too. I threatened doing it before, but after today I might just give it a go. Kinda looking forward to it too. It'd be nice to be left unbroken by the walk in to Binnian!
Been doing a lot of pullups recently, whenever I walk under the bar/board. Upped my basic number from 10 to 16 over the last couple of weeks. Started doing them off the board instead of the bar, as the grip position has more relevance to actual climbing. Whether any of this has any positive effects remains to be seen (though it doesn't seem to have done Stevie Haston any harm....)
Have set dates for the Pembroke trip, if anyone's interested. Catching the ferry over the night of thursday the 27th, coming back on the early morning ferry tuesday the 1st. Looking forward to it already! Not to mention I owe Glebe farm campsite six quid from last time...... Back on the first then off to spain on the fifth. Hard life for some eh? :-)
Just saw this...looks interesting. Not been a lead climbing comp in Ireland since the late 90's as far as I know. The grades for the men's routes look a bit rich for my blood! Will be interesting to see how it goes down and who comes out of the woodwork for it, most of the likely heads have/seem to be hot footing it to the UK. I'd imagine a lot of Northern beasts crushing, and some of the elusive Irish sport climbers making an appearance. Should be good.
Peace out
p.s. Sorry for the "i did this, then this, then this......." style post, too knackered to come up with something that reads better! Laterz
4 comments:
Paul,
If by wall you mean DCU and by today you mean in the evening, let me know, I woudn't mind a last climbing session before going back to the land of beavers
Paul I hear you though Dark Angle might be shit. I assure you its quality. Get on it....
Dave, fear not, thats just Jack putting words in my mouth! I just said that the name is probably a nod to yer man who was claiming every boulder problem in Sligo. I was winding him up about his Cream Eggs problem and the state of the scalp in general, this seems to be his third party method of revenge :-P I'll make sure to get on it next time I'm there.
Ah so. Yes it is named after that guy.
Post a Comment