- Weekend after last post: Weather looked gash so went caving in Fermanagh with Mark. Mostly abortive as it was our first time going without a more experienced caver to essentially guide us, but fun and a learning experience about planning caving trips. Also discovered a dig in PollbuĂ that might bypass the lake. Must go back with a shovel.
- Tuesday: Went back to Glenmac with John and a bunch from the Arch. Messed around on the dice boulders. John and I both did La Joker, Mikey did a nice looking lowball mantle type thing and I spied out a ss compression style problem (Not sure if its in the guide. Nice moves, feels about 6c) which we tried before the rain rolled in. Myself and John went exploring down the valley while the rest of the lads called it a day. By the time we got back to the rasher everything had dried off so we climbed some more.
- Thursday: Hit the Quarry with John. He did E route then it started tipping it down. Met Tim (who cycled from Howth and got there just as it started to rain!). I repeat, Tim. In the quarry. Pigs flew. He had some very interesting things to say. Then me and JH hit 3 rock to trash whatever was left of our skin. Sounds like we abandoned Dalkey a bit early though as it dried out enough in the afternoon for Eamon to crush Crime in The City. Effort!
- Weekend: Fair Head with JH and Bren. Spent saturday on the prow. Bren did Fireball, John did Railroad and I got my ass soundly kicked by Simple Minds. Then went and helped out a bit with the rescue of that guy who got pinned by a boulder. Poor bastard. Bouldering in Murlough Bay on Sunday. Great looking problems but REALLY shit landings. I did Eat It which was quality but probably more like 6b than 6c, the holds are just too good. Gave the sitter a couple of goes. Hard, but might be possible. Swung by portrane for a session on the way home. Nice place. John did Kev's Roof. Something i could probably do quickly next time I think. Same goes for x-men. Though I probably would have done it if I'd had a decent pair of shoes on! Ah well....
Camping at Murlough Bay
John cruising up Railroad
Me, not cruising up RailroadRailroad - Fairhead from Brendan Deery on Vimeo.
- Monday to Wednesday: can't really remember. Might have gone to Forth Mt once or twice. Booked flights for a sport climbing trip to Rodellar in September. Looking forward to it, but a bit too distant to have any kind of raging syke going on.
- Thursday: Dalkey with JH and Ailish. Bouldered at Ivy Chimney and tried Need A Drink on a shunt. Felt nails. Effort Paul! J did Graham Crackers (which was much better than I remember) and Tower Ridge Direct. I did Frenzy (also better than I remember after seconding it ages ago) and failed on TRD yet again. It WILL go next time!
- Tomorrow: Heading out bouldering in Glendo with Jerome, a canadian dude who recently moved to ireland. Not bouldered there since march, so should be interesting to see how things go on stuff I've tried a lot in the past. We shall see.....
- Next week: Routes. Anywhere. Any type. If anyones free and wants to head out giz a bell.
So thats yer lot. Other stuff did happen, but probably not fit for public consumption! Being unemployed and sitting on my ass most days, i'll try to not let a back log of such earth-shattering events remain undocumented in the online media. We're all so very important after all....:-P
Peace out to media whores everywhere
p.s Hope Bren doesn't mind me using a couple of his pics and video....
p.p.s Be Like Jerry
4 comments:
Paul you really are living the dream, I'm very jealous! I exspect you to be crushing the shit out of everything by winter. I'll have to get training to keep up. The camp site looks stunning. I'm off from Thursday to Monday next week.
i met that jerome guy at the wall on thursday. he is deadly, and he's done it all.
i may be up for seomthing next week??
Hi Paul
the picture of Portrane is the last move of Dark Matter I think Kev's roof comes out on the right hand side
Eamon
Re: Glenmac the problem in the first photo isn't a project, its Andy's Problem in Sector 2.
Where is the 3rd photo taken? Looks like in the hollow at the top of the valley?
The 4th photo looks like Lucky Me alright.
Post a Comment