Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thoughts

Just some musings that have been rattling round in the 'auld grey matter:

- Moving back to Wexford has actually benefitted me somewhat as it means I've pretty much only climbed and trained outside (been climbing indoors about 3 or 4 times since february).

- This has had the knock on effect of bringing up my overall base level on rock to a point where brit 5c and 6a moves (especially on slabs) are beginning to feel fairly straightforward (wouldn't say easy just yet...). Though I have yet to onsight brit 6a for real (flashed it on toprope but that doesn't count).

- Therabands kick ass. After starting to do the excercises Nigel described in an old article on theshortspan, I'm feeling much stronger on big shouldery moves. Combined with some work on my much neglected core, I might soon be able to use my body when climbing rather than just campussing everything with my feet on!

- My power and finger strength have dropped a bit recently, but I think they're starting to come more into line with the state of the rest of me.

- This post is stupidly lookatmelookatmelookatme

- I reckon I could definitely climb something hard on slabs by the end of the summer, just need to keep working on the headgames. Steeper stuff not so much, but I'll probably be able to manage something worthwhile.

Right, thats enough shiteing on from me. Heres some pics from Cloonty a few weeks ago:

The walk in up the bottom of the valley.


Spot the climber...



Kev on the nice arete.



The main face
Kev starting off on his new E3 5b pitch


Strange onshore seastacks....


Theres more to be found in them there hills

No comments: