Thursday, May 13, 2010

Procrastination

Its what I do (or rather should do)
"Lazy git on a boulder": A still life

The last couple of weeks have been interesting. Gotten out doing fun things on rocks every weekend since Easter I think, interspersed with fun things midweek which usually seem to end up involving alcohol and cross dressing. Miss being a student I will. The more memorable of the antics (climbing only mind you) were as follows:

A cold days routing at the Head with Rodders and Julie. I got spanked on Crib Pad Crack, Rodney got spanked on Simple Minds. Still fun though.


Crib Pad Smack. Trying to figure out where to go left

The Colmcille Climbers climbfest on Cruit. Fantastic four days with perfect weather (during the day at least). Got the early Friday afternoon, left late on monday so it felt like a real holiday. Great crowd of people there too fun times were had. Did some fun bouldering, nice routes on Cuit and Gola (along with the odd suicidal sheep), some exploring and have ideas of places to go back to. Even snuck in a class wee new route. The climbfest in a word: win.

Perfect Donegal granite and weather. My idea of heaven.

One must always play for the crowd, however small it might be

First attempt at route. Got it next go "Norwegian Jumping Penguin" E1 5b, goes up the thin crack directly above my head.

Climbfest posse

Random days bouldering at Murlough with Rodders and Julie. Rodney did Chubbs Peterson a while ago which was cool as he'd been trying it for a while. Its nails, nice one! Have a video of it which I'll get around to sorting out one millennia soon.....maybe. Julie did Letter M, which was a fantastic effort as it had become a bit of a mental block problem for her. Ricky also conquered a mental block and with 4 pads, "mental" is the word! :-P But then I'm an inveterate coward. Bon effort! Myself and Rodders did a really cool 4+ eliminate version of letter M, soon to find its way to a guidebook near you as "Letter R". And we clarified beyond doubt that my sequence is best (who that "my" refers to depends on who you talk to). Then Rodney, Julie, Stu and numbnuts here went back to Murlough last sat (almost went to the comp, but perfect conditions saved my soul). Rodney and I did Carbide, which was nice. Good training too, I've never got pumped while spotting before.

Carbide....."em, what do I do now, this has never happened before..."

Walking a walk of victory into the sunset

But all of that pales to insignificance when compared to the fact that I finally did a one armer! YYFY! I await glory and a medal any day now.....
Peace out
p.s. still waiting.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one armers are for girls mate! carbide is what its all about!! bon effort homme jomme

ricky