Move to the North = Realise how good wicklow is and how much good stuff there is to do there
Injure my finger = Realise how much I like deadhanging
Feel a chest infection coming on = Really want to go running and hit the gym
Thought I was over the worst of the lurgy. Grrr argh. Same thing happened in scotland last March though and I kicked it in a couple of days. May try and pull the same stunt now. Fingers crossed!
I've been looking at pics on the interwebs over the last couple of days and am getting pretty keen for Pembroke and maybe Gogarth next summer. Doubt I'll be doing too much other than training when I kick the cold and regain full usage of the bastard digit, so will hopefully be in decent all around shape come next trad season. Some things I'd like to accomplish over the rest of the academic year are:
- at least one one-arm pullup on each arm. Getting close on the right, and feeling vaguely possible on the left. Gotta develop those bat-like lats! :-P
- run 10 miles. Not worried about time, I'd just like to start trying to run longer distances.
- maintain a 70% average. Can't climb, so i may as well try and put the time into the course and not dick around on stalkerbook and watching climbing flicks as I always seem to find myself doing.
- manage a proper front-lever. Can do one comfortably with one leg tucked, just have to improve on that.
Some snaps from the last weekend in Pembroke:
Team hardcore and me
Rear Wind, excellent HVS at Govans East
The Arrow, a classic that I royally screwed up. Must go back and make amends with that one.
Jane helping me battle ferocious rope drag at the top of The Arrow. Learn how to use half ropes Brennan ffs
John showing the love.
All photos by Jane, except that one by John. And mighty fine photos they are too.
Peace to all sick and useless climbers everywhere
Really should have posted this a few days ago, but it got stuck in the "edit posts" netherworld. Pretty much better now, but rain of biblical proportions seems to have engulfed the entire north. Think I'm going to make a break for the border next weekend. Is anyone not going to the Dingle IBL next Saturday and fancies Glendo instead? Giz a shout. Sleepy time now (see above). Oh and blogger is being a pain in the nether regions and not allowing me post the pics properly. Click on em to see the full glory. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment