Friday, April 17, 2009

Words cannot describe how psyched I am at the prospect of going to the mournes tomorrow! I've only been once before, but I remember it being the most spectacular place I've ever climbed. And we didn't get further than Lower Cove! We're staying in the Queens club's most excellent hut, so I'm hopeful of getting up to Binnian North Tor to see just how hard these Ricky Bell super-routes are. Thrill issues of the Jellyman looks especially cool.... Maybe go back to Lower Cove too, the pics I've seen of the east face look amazing!

I'm feeling the love for the just-off-vertical side of the climbing world at the moment so maybe the "Slabpants" (TM) will get an airing in the coming days. Theres a few slab lines in the quarry that have captured the attention as well... Possibly more on that the weekend after next. Its a good thing too, as my stubby little digits have been feeling especially tweaky in the last while. The plank has been a no-go for a while, and any serious crimping has resulted in scary twinges. Not good. So the plan is to focus on some slabbier antics to let the fingers rest, and maybe even develop some balls and foot work, before work runs out and tackling the steepnes begins in earnest. Trad, you gots ta love it! :-)

Peace out

No comments: