Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Nerdtastic

Ok, I’ll admit it….I’m a complete and total fanboy nerd about subjects for which I have enthusiasm. And as every self respecting nerd does, I compile lists. Heres my list of the top 10 all time greatest climbers, in no particular order (except for the obvious position of No1!)

1: Johnny Dawes

2: Chris Sharma

3: Leo Houlding

4: Fred Nicole

5: Wolfgang Gullich

6: Lynn Hill

7: Jerry Moffatt

8: Tomexander Huber (they seem to meld together as one…)

9: Dave Birkett

10: John Gaskins

Nearly but not quites:

Dave Graham

Dave MacLeod

Malcolm Smith

Ron Kauk

Derek Heresy

Catherine d’Estivelle

Ben Moon

Future hopefuls:

Didier Berthod

Sonnie Trotter

Adam Ondra

Pete Whittaker

So there you have it. If anyone actually reads this thing, feel free to comment on/ridicule my selections and make some of your own.

1 comment:

Hans Florine said...

Fred is not a climber,

And of course I'm missing from your list.

Hans