Wednesday, January 16, 2008
IBL Thoughts
Went to the third round of the IBL in DCU last saturday. Overall it was a cool comp, better than the one I went to last year. Much respect to Neal and Rob, the problems were class! Especially 2, 3, 7 and 9 (only one of which i managed to complete unfortunately!). I climbed pretty poorly it must be said. I could try and fool myself with a load of excuses like fatigue, sore elbow, lack of warm-up etc..., but thats no use to anyone. The fact is that my onsighting abilities aren't up to scratch and the IBL is a flash comp. I know, deep down, that i could climb those problems. Just gotta prepare better and get my head in gear if i'm gonna enter next year.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad to hear you enjoyed the comp Paul :)
Interestingy for myself, you split your list of favourite problems 50/50 between myself and Rob. Pretty much everyone did this (although listing different problems) which is amazing for me.
As for onsighting, I'll be honest and point out that one or two of the problems were more technical than usual - but that's coming from my preferential background of sports climbing and hard problems (that need working) - a lot of people didn't do as well as expected at DCU, but thankfully they all said "hard but fair problems" so hopefully they learnt something also.
And no excuses about entering next year :)
Post a Comment